7 Ways to Get Motivated Even When the Odds Seem Stacked Against You
If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you. – Steve Jobs
1. Set your sights on something that you feel strongly about — a goal so clear you to that you can imagine it in great detail.
2. Create a deep sense of connection and ownership to your goal. Be clear about the reasons why you need to accomplish it.
3. Get strategic. Break your goal into chunks of short-term and stretch goals. Keep your focus on things that are connected with your end-goal.
4. Prepare a game plan but make room for the unexpected. Know what you need to do, but be flexible enough to go with the flow, if needed.
5. Keep good company. Surround yourself with people that inspire, teach, or bring out the best in you.
6. Don’t hesitate to ask for help.
7. Anticipate the ebbs in motivation and prepare accordingly. Explore ways that will help you get fired up when during times when you feel least motivated.